The advantage of coming to England is that your learning continues outside the classroom. We have a great activity programme that encourages you to experience the culture with new friends, discover England for yourself and learn more than a language! Our staff organise regular activities in and around Bournemouth so that you can have fun and improve your English at the same time.
- ‘Welcome to Bournemouth’ Tour On Arrival – Our staff will introduce you to Bournemouth and show you its most popular attractions and landmarks.
- Traditional Cream Tea – The English invented tea time and you too can experience this wonderful tradition. Enjoy delicious scones with cream and jam for a special tea time treat!
- Board Games Afternoon With Soft Drinks – Compete for the title of ‘Scrabble Champion' and have fun - even on a rainy day – with our board games afternoon.
- Pub Quiz – British people love to socialise in the pub and talk about life over a beer. We want to show you more about British culture, so we regularly attend a local pub quiz or karaoke night.
- Sports Activities (volleyball, table tennis, mini golf etc.)
- Mocktails Party – Enjoy socialising with your new friends from class in a relaxed party atmosphere. Why not try a few of our homemade 'mocktails' to start the evening off?
- Photo Scavenger Hunt – Discover the town in a fun way and find out more about the local area. Take you phone or camera on this scavenger hunt - you will need to take your imagination too!
- International Food Party - We are also interested to learn about your culture. Our international food parties are a great opportunity to learn about each other through food and drink! Bring a typical dish from your country or prepare something delicious in the school Bistro. Then eat, drink and have a great time.
- Murder Mystery Evening – Turn detective and try to discover the murderer at one of our special murder mystery evenings after school.
Our school is only 10 minutes from Bournemouth's award-winning sandy beaches. We enjoy going there with our students to swim, organise beach sports or just relax.
There are many beautiful and interesting places around Bournemouth. We organise day trips to places outside the town such as the stunning Old Harry Rocks or the neighbouring town of Swanage.
Bournemouth has many famous annual events, which delight visitors from around the world year after year. From the spectacular Bournemouth Air Festival to outdoor concerts in Bournemouth Gardens, there is something for everyone to enjoy!
The town has many restaurants pubs and clubs and offers a fantastic variety of nightlife, plus karaoke bars, cinemas and theatres. Bournemouth is a very cosmopolitan town and you can find all kinds of international food on offer.
Excursions to other places in the UK
Enjoy a trip with one of our partner tour companies and explore other places at the weekend. Bournemouth is ideally located for visits to many different places, such as London, Oxford and Windsor Castle. Our partners can even organise trips to Paris, Amsterdam and many other European cities. We can give you further information at the school and you can book tickets at our reception.
Great news! You don’t have to go to London every time you want to go shopping! Bournemouth has many shops where you can find souvenirs, clothes, accessories, beauty products etc. to suit all budgets and tastes. You can also take a day trip to the nearest big cities of Southampton and Portsmouth, which are major shopping centres too!