- Can I carry out the job as internship for my university/school?
- Where can I work?
- Can I choose where to work?
- Can I work together with my girl-/boy-/friend?
- How many weeks can I work?
- Do I have to speak the target country language perfectly?
- Does the training prepare you for the job position?
- Is the training compulsory?
- How do I travel to the work place?
- How can I apply?
- Is there going to be an interview?
- I am younger/older than the age specified in the profile – can I apply?
- Can I work in several destinations?
- Will there be a contact person?
- How am I going to be paid?
- What about board and accommodation?
- Do I need to have a police clearance and first aid certificate?
- How old are the children I will supervise?
- How big are the teams?
- Do I need to fulfill certain qualifications?
1. Can I carry out the job as internship for my university/school?
You can carry out internships in our summer centres. Please contact our jobs department to check whether your requirements can be covered. We are registered for Erasmus placements. Erasmus internships are unpaid.
2. Where can I work?
We offer summer jobs in the following places:
- Germany: Hohensolms
- France: Biarritz
- England: Bournemouth, Exeter, Portsmouth, Teignmouth, Winchester
Please note that we do not offer all positions in all locations. You’ll find all possible destinations within each job profile. Where you are going to work will be decided after the training sessions.
3. Can I choose where to work?
If you want to work for us you need to be flexible regarding the place of work. It is easier for us to offer a job position to you if you are willing to work in various locations. Your availability and language level influences our decision.
4. Can I work together with my girl-/boy-/friend?
Generally we do not place friends together in one destination irrespective of their intimate relations, we do not want to have a team within our teams. We would like you to concentrate on the job and be part of the big team.
5. How many weeks can I work?
It is always better if you are available for longer periods. Short terms such as one week will not give you enough time to fully integrate with the team. Minimum stays should be at least two weeks but we do prefer longer ones. Maximum stays are for the whole season, up to 12 weeks. For certain positions we prefer the whole season availability.
6. Do I have to speak the target country language perfectly?
As our teams are international, we need to communicate in the target language. For example, our students in Biarritz study French in France, therefore all communication should be carried out in French. A certain language level is therefore required. Our training sessions will be conducted in English so this should not be a problem at all. Bear in mind that you will be the language model for our students, which can contribute to their success.
7. Does the training prepare you for the job position?
Yes, it does. The training is very important to get to know us as the employer, your potential team colleagues and of course the job requirements. Depending on the position there are different training sessions, you’ll find all dates within the job profile.
8. Is the training compulsory?
Yes it is.
9. How do I travel to the work place?
That depends on the job and on your current address. Please be ready to make your own travel arrangements. However, we will support you with advice on the best connections etc.
10. How can I apply?
Please apply via our recruitment platform on Bamboo. This is the fastest way to pass on your details to us so we can see if you are suitable for our job positions. Just click here to apply.
11. Is there going to be an interview?
Yes. However, there is no need to travel to Bremen for that. We will arrange a date to talk via zoom.
12. I am younger/older than the age specified in the profile – can I apply?
Don’t hesitate to apply, we will check if you are suitable for the job position you are applying for.
13. Can I work in several destinations?
In general, this is possible. But please note that it takes some time to adapt to a certain job and place. Flexibility is always great. If we have vacancies according to your availability, we will try to offer more than just one place of work.
14. Will there be a contact person?
The Centre Manager will always be your person of contact. In case he/she can’t solve your problem or if you have questions concerning your contract, please contact our office in Bremen.
15. How am I going to be paid?
Once a month we will transfer your salary. There will be a fixed date, mostly in the middle of the month. You’ll find payment conditions within the job profiles; the payment dates will be specified at a later date.
16. What about board and accommodation?
Meals and accommodation will be provided by us. In most destinations you are going to stay in one of our residences with full-board.
17. Do I need to have a police clearance and first aid certificate?
Our quality standards stipulate that our seasonal staff members provide a first aid certificate, which is not older than two years when starting the job. Furthermore, after signing the contract you will be required to provide a current police clearance certificate. We always need the original document for our files. Make sure you have both documents on time.
18. How old are the children I will supervise?
The age depends on the destination. In general we have children between 8 and 17 years of age. In Germany the age range is between 8 and 16 years, in England between 10 and 17 years. You can check age ranges on our website.
19. How big are the teams?
The size of the teams differs in every centre. There are bigger and smaller centres, which means a team can consist of 5 up to 25 persons. Teams in Germany are normally smaller than in England or France.
20. Do I need to fulfill certain qualifications?
Please check our job profiles regarding our expectations and your qualifications. A very important one is being motivated for the job. We are looking for creative, open-minded people who like challenges. These are not lucrative jobs but you will gain a lot experience within an international team. We are looking forward to your application. We will reply to every enquiry. The more experienced you are the higher your chances of getting the job.